Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Susan Laurie


I dated nearly every redhead that I could in school. I tried to anyway, which would be more honest…some just didn’t want any part of me. There were a number of them that did acquiesce but I never quite made it to an actual date with them all. Some had common sense, some didn’t and others actually went out into the dark realms of the world with me. I found from a very early age that I preferred redheads to any other kind of girl. It is not that they ever worked out but they were what so attracted me. I also went out with a redhead that I found out later was a serious Jehovah’s Witness.
She was a tall about 5’8”and trim (Ok verging on skinny) with green eyes, a shorter hair style and her name was Susan Laurie. She went to Newport Harbor High School and I met her through my mom. MOM!!!! Yikes!!! Don’t tell the guys! Well it was mom who suggested I ask her out but never mentioned how she knew her so I didn’t realize her religion at the time. Her mom and my mom were friends and attended Jehovah’s Witnesses meetings together. I guess they saw this as a way to lure me into the fold…a tactic mom tried at various times in my life. Mom suggested that this girl had seen my photo and was very willing to go out with me… usually that was all I needed but since this was mom’s idea I now wanted to see if she was at least somewhat cute. Just down the street were three sisters’ two houses away that went to Newport Harbor and I asked them if they knew her and they said they knew of her but she was in their yearbook and they would look her up for me. These were the Pereira sisters… Connie, Donna, and Yvonne. So I got to see that Susan was very nice so I was somewhat relieved….but I would have gone anyway since I had already made tacit agreement with the moms. I called Susan up, She has a very sweet voice…something that I knew I would enjoy cooing in my ear, we set the date, and time etc and I made sure it was ok to go see a film. I do recall that I was not to tell her mom where we were going to see this film as it was a place that was known for more than films. We went to the Paulo Drive-In Theater for the movie. As usual in the sin bin, or the passion pit as it was sometimes called, I have no idea what was playing. This girl I expected to be somewhat reserved since I didn’t know her at all nor had I ever seen her before save that one photo in the yearbook but once we got going she was as sexy and ready to fool around as any girl I dated. She was a great kisser and was also very good at using her hands to hold my face and accidentally touch places (My legs!!!) that made me like her all the more. It was a very steamy date and I really wanted to see lots more of her. We did meet one other time that next week meet at Bob’s for a bite to eat and to talk a lot. It was here that she mentioned that she was also an active Jehovah’s Witness and the next time I called she suggested doing something with her J.W. friends. I was really confused by this since the girl I was with in the back seat wasn’t acting like a religious girl and I knew enough of the Witnesses over the years that if we were in one of their groups it was hands off her totally. So I gave up that idea before it ever got anywhere. One hot date, then a talk and that was it. Rats!
I found where she lives in 2006 and she goes by the same name and she still lives in California. Then in the year 2007 I get an email reminding me that her birthday is June 4th. So I sent her a card which ought to make her feel a bit strange! I suppose that I should have converted right away or convinced her to accept me for the pagan sinner that I was.

No comments: